Inspired by the famous “Reina Pepiada”, an arepa Venezolana recipe, we bring you the Healthy Queen. We are talking crunchy arepa, stuffed with shredded chicken, avocado, onions, and mayo. Trust us, this will become your favorite breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
If you are looking for gluten-free and dairy-free recipes, you may substitute the regular mayonnaise for a vegan avocado mayonnaise. Using Greek yogurt instead of regular mayo can also lower the calories and fat content on the meal.
Ingredients: 5-6 servings
- 6 TOAST-IT Original Toasted Corn Arepas
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken
- 1 tbsp onion sliced
- 2 Hass avocados
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise (you can substitute with avocado mayonnaise or plain Greek yogurt)
- Salt & pepper
- Optional: 1 tsp fresh chopped parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded chicken, mayonnaise (or substitute), and onions. Mash the avocados and add them to the mix. Add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Place each TOAST-IT arepa on a toaster on a defrost setting for 5 minutes.
-Open your TOAST-IT arepas with a sharp knife and fill them with the mix.
-Enjoy! Your life will not be the same after this…